Meet the clinical psychologist Brisbane clients trust, Michelle Owens
Gain confidence in your decision making to live a richer and fuller life with evidence-based treatments.
Feel better, live better
Hi, I’m Michelle, a caring and compassionate Brisbane clinical psychologist ready to treat your anxiety and teach you to manage your emotions and thoughts to live a better life. Based on my qualifications as a clinical psychologist and experience as a mental health professional, you will get qualified, diligent and compassionate care in a safe and nurturing environment.
Get a tune-up for your mind
Just like your car needs the expertise of a mechanic now and then, your mind and thoughts occasionally need an intervention.
Taking a DIY approach can only get you so far. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, sadness or lack of direction in your life, I can help.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) University of New England
- Master of Clinical Psychology University of New England
- Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA) member
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
Areas of expertise
I have ten years of experience as a clinical psychologist. My core focus is anxiety treatment, helping you better manage anxiety so it has less power in your life and decisions.
Applying clinically-proven techniques can help you learn to respond to difficult thoughts and emotions, reducing their power over your life.
Anxiety strategies are effective. So, you have a very good chance of learning how to better manage your symptoms and live a fuller, richer life.
Beyond anxiety, I also work with people suffering from depression, sadness, addiction and trauma. I also offer treatments for plan-managed and self-managed NDIS clients.
Unwanted thoughts and feelings don’t have to control your life
My commitment to you is:
- you are safe, and wholly in charge of the treatment process
- you will receive evidence-based treatments
- you will learn new skills to live a richer and fuller life
- you will get qualified, diligent and compassionate care
- our relationship will be productive, respectful and inclusive
- you will get a very high standard of professional care, based on my qualifications as a clinical psychologist and experience as a mental health professional
There is good reason to be optimistic about therapy, especially if you are open to the process and willing to take charge of your own recovery.
It helps if you are flexible, open-minded and willing to face a few discomforting thoughts now and then. If so, then you are likely to find yourself in a much better position after a few weeks or months of treatment. Facing your feelings isn’t always fun. But when you follow a proven process, you have a much stronger likelihood of potential success.
Registered clinical psychologists have completed a comprehensive course of study and are required to maintain ongoing education to keep up to date with the latest evidence-based treatments. So you get the peace of mind of knowing that you’ll receive the highest possible standard of evidence-based care.